Benefits of Using Ekòkò
- Ekòkò earthen pots are rubbed thoroughly with stone which gives a mirror finishing to the product.
- Firing/baking of the product is done in a special way that results in a white shading effect.
- 100% organic with zero use of chemicals and colours on the finished product. Ekòkò.ng condemns this wrongful act.
- Clay is somewhat porous, so heat and moisture circulate through the pot, unlike metal & aluminium pots. Making it perfect for slow cooking without overheating. This helps retain all the natural vitamins and minerals of the food.
- Clay pots add many essential nutrients like calcium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium and sulphur to food.
- Clay is alkaline in nature, hence it interacts with the acidity in the food and neutralizes the pH level. This reduces common stomach problems, that even youngsters have due to excessive sugar consumption. Clay contains all the possible vitamins naturally, even vitamin B12.
- Our pots and cookware can be used for serving as well as cooking.
- Compatible with gas stoves, microwave ovens, and electric stoves with a glass top.
Harmful Effects of Using Aluminium Utensils
- Food cooked in aluminium pots or in aluminium foil can absorb the aluminium because it gets easily dissolved into food and water when heated.
- This absorbed aluminium goes into the bloodstream and accumulates in different organs, causing a multitude of effects in different people.
- Some unpleasant effects of eating food cooked in aluminium are: hyper-acidity, indigestion, flatulence, skin problems like pigmentation, dandruff, and chronic inflammation of the intestine.
- Aluminium also reduces the growth of bone and predisposes you to Osteoporosis.
- The simplest measure of replacing aluminium cooking vessels is with our Earthen cookware, which adds many essential nutrients like calcium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium and sulphur to your food naturally.
What Makes Ekòkò Pots Unique?
- Most of the earthen pots you see today are coloured with dye made in factories. We procure our pots from potters (mostly women) residing in various parts of the country who still use Ebu (Potter’s Wheel).
- Most earthen pots are dried in ovens at high temperatures to dry them faster, which completely ruins the natural clay properties. Instead, we leave them to dry in the open air and under natural sunlight.
- Most clay pots available in the market are coated with chemical paints or glaze that gives them a red glossiness. We highly discourage this bad practice. Our pots are made using naturally excavated clay.
The founders of Ekòkò.ng vowed to make a difference in the lives of thousands of local craftspeople by creating a marketplace for them.
With every purchase you make through Ekòkò.ng, you contribute to the development and promotion of the rich heritage of our country.
***The pots may vary in colour due to their handmade nature and the temperature during burning. However, all of them are of the same quality and offer the same benefits.
I recently switched from non- stick to clay pots and Ekoko.ng made that decision seamless! I purchased several clay pots in various sizes all of them were of top quality. Arrived in excellent condition all the way from Lagos to the Ibadan. Commendable customer service. Highly recommend their products. A few do’s and don’ts below from my experience: 1. Please follow the initial seasoning process to avoid any pot/ heart breaks! You can reach out to the team and they’ll share a video that’ll guide you through the process. 2.Use only black pots for yoghurt. Red ones blister. 3. NEVER cook on high flame or deep fry stuff in these pots. It leaves cracks at the bottom but did not affect its functionality. 4. Dry them fully before storing in an open cabinet/space.
Have not used the pot to cook yet but it is a lovely looking pot just as in pictures. I received clear instructions on how to use and I am so excited to use it! The seller kept in touch throughout and the item came in well in time despite the festive period. Appreciate all the support from the team! Thank you and can’t wait to use.
Beautiful pot! The bottom is rounded so I use a wok base on my burner. Medium size is perfect for cooking for two. I roasted beef with vegetables and everything came out moist on the inside, crisp on the outside exactly how I like it. Displays beautifully when I’m not using it. I highly recommend the pot from this people.
I bought this for a healthy cooking stuff. It was delivered earlier, a day before expected the arrival date. No breaks or any damage from delievry. The seller was awesome regarding for answering my questions. I would say this product seller will be recommended.
Absolutely beautiful handmade natural cooking pot. Exactly what I wanted, exactly as described. Shipped fast, packed extremely well. This company exceded any expectations by far. Would definately order again and sing your praise to everyone I know. Many many thank you’s.
I love these!! They look heavy but are very light weight. I followed the instructions for seasoning the pots and use them as per the instructions taking every possible care. And when you take so much care, you can see a relationship developing which is so pleasant in a kitchen. I find the black ones are definitely stronger than the regular brown ones in the market. My only complaint is that the ring as shown in other people review was missing. It is needed to balance the round bottom of the pan and prevent the bottom from touching the surfaces.